Hotel and restaurant in Vézelay, in Burgundy
Marc Meneau established his restaurant, L’Espérance, in the village of Saint-Père at the foot of the ‘Eternal Hill’ of Vézelay, one of the most important holy places of the Christian world, in the Morvan in Burgundy, a place where time stands still. It is easy to reach by car by the A6 motorway, or by the TGV at Montbard and is equidistant from Paris and Lyon.
A tourist pass is available for all your leisure activities.
The area around Vézelay is easy to reach, halfway between Paris and Lyon and on the edge of Morvan Regional Natural Park, and offers a wide range of outdoor activities
- River Cure trips (canoe, kayak, white water rafting, beginners and further training): www.abloisirs.com
- Hiking (short walks, GR (hiking trail)) 13, local GR, Santiago de Compostela GR) : www.balades-malicieuses.com and www.circuits-de-france.com
- Horseback riding (riding schools, lessons, guided treks, marked trails) : www.abloisirs.com
- Mountain biking (marked trails, hire at all levels): www.absolutloisirs.com
- Angling (lakes and rivers, Angling School)
Vézelay, in Morvan Natural Park, offers stunning views over the surrounding countryside. Get to know this delightful area through hiking, mountain biking, and horse riding. Its rivers and lakes are a paradise for anglers and kayakers – a place where you can fly cast or paddle your kayak to your heart’s desire.